Ireland Castles: Haunted Castles In Ireland
Ireland is unique in its history. Both Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland (Eire) have a wealth of legends and a wealth of medieval castles. When the two come together, they create some of the most interesting haunted castle stories you will ever read.
Take Leap Castle for instance. Built as long ago as 800 AD, it stands on an ancient rock and is regarded by many people to be the most haunted castle in Ireland. Its 'Blood Chapel' containing a secret dungeon or oubliette is just one of the places in the castle that is said to be haunted.
We have researched haunted castles in Ireland and below is a selection that we hope you will enjoy reading about ....
- Carrickfergus Castle - County Antrim - Northern Ireland
- Castle Leslie - Glaslough - Northern Ireland
- Clonony Castle - Co. Offaly - Southern Ireland
- Gormanston Castle - Co Meath - Southern Ireland
- Huntington Castle - County Carlow - Southern Ireland
- Killua Castle - Westmeath - Southern Ireland
- Leap Castle - Leap, Offaly
- Wilton Castle - County Wexford - Southern Ireland
For the serious medieval enthusiast there are many good books on medieval castles